Get Adobe Flash player
Contact us Today at: (951) 681-0985 ~ License and Bonded #840610
The maintenance of your chimney will make a big difference in the safety and operation of your fireplace. Chimney fires are common and highly dangerous. Chimney fires are mainly caused by tar build-up.
 
  • Maintain a safe perimeter and keep all tree limbs and other objects at least 10 feet from the top of your chimney
  • Instruct your family on the fireplace, furnace, and stove safety practices
  • Retrofit a chimney cap on your existing chimney if you don't have one
  • Chimney caps should be metal with 1/2 to 3/8 openings
  • Chimney caps keep leaves and animals out of your chimney and can prevent dangerous obstructions
  • Use your fireplace or other warming devices per the manufacturer's instructions
  • Use appropriate fuel and If you have doubts about a particular fuel, err on the side of caution
  • Greenwood dismantled furniture, and other questionable materials are not safe fuel choices
  • Never put wood in a non-wood burning stove
  • Build fires correctly by adding kindling or fire-logs in the back of the grate and support them, so they do not slip
  • Make sure your fireplace has a sturdy screen to prevent sparks from flying into the room
  • Clear the hearth or areas surrounding your heating device
  • Never keep old rags, newspaper, furniture or other objects near your stove, furnace or fireplace
  • Do not leave fires unattended.

We highly recommend that every one install a 2 & 1 smoke and carbon monoxide detector in their home. With regular preventive maintenance & cleanings you can rest assured your fireplace is safe for the whole family for your enjoyment.

Don't Burn Anything but Clean, Seasoned Wood, Fireplace Logs, and Non-glossy White Paper in your Fireplace... Think Before You Start Your Fire! 

  • NO Garbage
  • NO Rubber
  • NO Particleboard
  • NO Glossy Paper
  • NO Solvent or Paint
  • NO Coal or Charcoal
  • NO Plastics
  • NO Waste
  • NO Plywood
  • NO Colored Paper
  • NO Oil
  • NO Painted Wood
  • NO Treated Wood

 

BE SAFE!  Burning these materials can produce noxious, corrosive smoke and fumes that may be toxic. They can foul your catalytic combustor, your flue, and the lungs of your family and neighbors.

 

 

 

 

Copyright © 2015 Busy Bee Chimney Sweep. All Rights Reserved. License #840610 and Bonded.